Meditation, The Art of Exploitation

Thinking? At last I have discovered it--thought; this alone is inseparable from me. I am, I exist--that is certain. But for how long? For as long as I am thinking. For it could be, that were I totally to cease from thinking, I should totally cease to exist....I am, then, in the strict sense only a thing that thinks.

Friday, January 05, 2007

HOWTO: install 64 bit linux on Dell Inspiron 1501

 There are only 2 fine details to know as of Jan. 2007 to install 64 bit linux on this fine Laptop. 1) Append pci=nomsi to the kernel parameter list when booting from a installation CD (I used FC6-x86-64, partly because I use FC at work on my desktop. Gentoo, Ubuntu, openSUSE distributions all work with the magic kernel paramter added).
2) Follow this fine HOWTO found on ubuntu website: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=297092 to setup wireless.

Other devices are automatically taken care of after fc6 installation. Welcome to the world of 64 home computing.