Meditation, The Art of Exploitation

Thinking? At last I have discovered it--thought; this alone is inseparable from me. I am, I exist--that is certain. But for how long? For as long as I am thinking. For it could be, that were I totally to cease from thinking, I should totally cease to exist....I am, then, in the strict sense only a thing that thinks.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

configure linux samba server to interoperate with different versions of windows

# Password Level allows matching of _n_ characters of the password for
# all combinations of upper and lower case.
password level = 20
username level = 20

# You may wish to use password encryption. Please read
# ENCRYPTION.txt, Win95.txt and WinNT.txt in the Samba documentation.
# Do not enable this option unless you have read those documents
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

# Unix users can map to different SMB User names
username map = /etc/smbusers