Meditation, The Art of Exploitation

Thinking? At last I have discovered it--thought; this alone is inseparable from me. I am, I exist--that is certain. But for how long? For as long as I am thinking. For it could be, that were I totally to cease from thinking, I should totally cease to exist....I am, then, in the strict sense only a thing that thinks.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Beyond the C++ standard library, an introduction to boost

I recently finished reading through this book. Very good introduction materials of boost libraries to us mortals. The covered libraries include utility classes such as shared_ptr, scoped_ptr, intrusive_ptr, weak_ptr, operators, noncopyable, regex etc; container classes such as any, variant, tuple; functional classes such as bind, lambda, functional, signal. These are the MVP classes that can make c++ programmers' lives much easier. The lambda libraries are especially impressive when binding functors with standard algorithm.

Boost (www.boost.org) development is very active. Check them out.